We also welcome your contribution of time in one of our many volunteer programs.
Our Peer Counseling volunteers provide counseling and companionship to older adults who are experiencing loneliness, personal loss, bereavement, life transitions or chronic illness.
Patient support volunteers may assist with grocery shopping and errands or provide transportation and accompany patients to medical appointments.
Please note that surviving family members must wait one year after the death of a family member to be eligible as a patient care volunteer.
Other volunteer opportunities include:
- Serving as a member of the Agency's Board of Directors
- Helping to plan, promote and participate in special events and fundraisers
- Providing office assistance
- Working at our New Canaan Thrift Shop or at The Turnover Shop in Wilton
- Working on special assignments such as Flu Clinics
Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County offers a unique program of compassionate home health care to the members of our community. Volunteers are a vital part of our program. Each volunteer is special and every assignment is meaningful. For more information, please call our Volunteer Coordinator at 203-834-6341, ext. 316.